Stock market commentary, analysis, insight and opinion of the RightLine Editors is available every Tuesday/Thursday evening & Saturday
afternoon. The following is excerpted from the:
May 24, 2018 - The RightLine Report
Notes From The Editor
Several years ago successful futures trader Linda Bradford published a list of classic trading rules that she felt "withstood the test of time." Here are fifteen of them that I've found to be extremely helpful when trading stocks in ANY market environment ...
1. The difference between winners and losers isn't so much native ability as it is discipline exercised in avoiding mistakes.
2. Continually strive for patience, perseverance, determination, and rational action.
3. Lose your opinion - not your money.
4. Keep a positive attitude, no matter what happens.
5. Don't take the market home.
6. Assimilate into your very bones a set of trading rules that works for you.
7. Place the stop at the time you make your trade.
8. Never get into the market because you are anxious from waiting.
9. Losses make the trader studious - not profits. Take advantage of every loss to improve your knowledge of market action.
10. The most difficult task in speculation is not prediction but self- control. You are the most important element in the equation for success.
11. Expect and accept losses gracefully. Those who brood over losses always miss the next opportunity, which more than likely will be profitable.
12. Always discipline yourself by following a pre-determined set of rules.
13. A key to successful trading is knowing yourself and your stress point.
14. You must have a program, you must know your program, and you must follow your program.
15. Split your profits right down the middle and never risk more than 50% of them again in the market.
Thomas Sutton, Editor
to receive the entire three times weekly RightLine
Report, including Stock Market Commentary, News, Technical
Analysis, Stock Picks, Traders Tips, Traders Corners and Split
Candidates. Sign up for your
NO OBLIGATION TRIAL by Clicking